VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: January 29, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

January 29, 1944


(Letter from Vic to younger brother Paul, from the South Seas to Berkeley, CA. This is a V-Mail, as illustrated.)

Dear Paul,

Though I promised the other nite to write you again soon, I can't think of much to say. Everything is OK by me. We were bombed. Can't mention much more

Have you been receiving my mail regularly? Still haven't received the book you mentioned and package it was enclosed in. I certainly hope my civilian glasses arrive soon. Sent home several months ago, having broken a lens in diving for fox-hole during an air at Roviana. Most annoying - those actions. G.I. Spects have too small lenses and the frame corrodes continuously in these climes. My watch - gift of Rudy, Ann, Ed, and Rose - is still in Racine getting overhauled for all appearances.

How's the financial situation with you? Do you find the course very rough? Many students at the University and how many G.I.'s? Did I tell you Yuts sent a letter dated "(censored)? Jake V. and Ray R. haven't replied.

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: