VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: March 6, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

March 6, 1944

(Letter from Vic to younger brother Paul, probably from Bougaineville in the Solomon Islands to Berkeley, CA. Photo is of Ben Louie in Bougaineville, from Sacramento, California, mentioned below.)

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for your recent package and letter. The package arrived Sat. & I received three others so I really hit the jack-pot. Believe this is some of your stationery, isn't it?

The knife is swell and the books promise some interesting reading. However, I don't want you to send me anything for quite a spell now 'cause I've everything I need and can handle for the present.

I sent you a 20 dollar P.T.A. so you should have the check by now. I certainly hope you're fully recuperated from your illness and are back at school. How are you set financially now, and exactly what kind of a degree are you interested in?

Did Dave Altman visit you? Are you getting around socially in the bay area? I understand it's been most disagreeably cold and damp in those parts of late. Best you watch your health, Paul.

A Chinese buddy, who I came over with has relatives in Frisco and Sacramento and gives me all the dope on those parts.

We're quite busy now as you may be hearing but I'm OK and in good health. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards from
Your brother,
Vic

No comments: