VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: September 14, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

September 14, 1945

(Letter from Vic in the Philippines to younger brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photos show Vic posing with Ben Louie - squatting - and two other soldiers.)

Cagayan Valley, N. Luzon, P.I. - Friday evening,

Dear Paul,

Well I still can't supply you with any addition information as concerns my possible date of discharge. Nor do I know when I'll embark from these parts for the States. So many rumors circulate amongst us daily that it's difficult to recognize fact from fancy at times, and none of this is an aid to morale.

Hope you haven't sent me any Xmas packages 'cause it's just possible that I may be gone before such could arrive at this address. Just continue to write as often as possible & I'll be satisfied. Say, did you ever see the action film 'San Pietro'. Don't recall whether I mentioned same to you in recent letters. It's about the battle in and around that town in Italy and was filmed back in late '43. The film is really a true picture of what it's like. There's an introduction by Gen. Mark Clark which is good and the main commentary is very good.

Two days ago, I received a letter from Phil M. who's now here on Luzon so we may get to-gether after all.

Regards,
Vic

No comments: