VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: July 15, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

July 15, 1944


(V-mail from Vic to younger brother Paul, sent from Bougainville, Solomon Islands to Berkeley, California. The photo shows three soldiers - including Ben Louie at right - holding Japanese Flag.)

Saturday evening,

Dear Paul,

Received your letter dated the third containing the three prints and air-mail stamps. Thanks for sending same. Hope I won't be putting you to too much trouble by requesting another print of one of those negatives. One of the fellows from my section here would like a copy of the negative showing three fellows holding a Jap flag stretched between them.

If you've already forwarded these negatives to Rudy would you mind requesting him to send me a copy of the aforementioned negative? Did you receive some new prints from Ruts of negatives that I forwarded to him? Have you sent me any package that I haven't acknowledged receiving?

No I haven't read "High Man on a Totem Pole" by Smith but I did read London's "Iron Heel" several yrs. ago. We saw "Up In Arms" several wks. ago and on the whole the fellows thought it stunk. As for Danny Kaye - well he doesn't rate very high in these parts.

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: