VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: October 12, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

October 12, 1943

(Letter from Vic to Paul, from the South Seas to Oakland, CA. The envelope is lost, but the letter shows signs of censorship on page three as illustrated below)

Tuesday morning,

Overseas

Dear Paul,

By now you've probably received my previous letter. I sincerely hope you or Karl have taken some definite action one way or another as regards my request for a light caliber pistol. Unless you've bothered about it already, drop the matter now 'cause the date has so advanced as to make its arrival improbably in connection with my use of same.

You may not be aware of the great time required for most packages to arrive at their final destination overseas. If you've shipped same kindly reimburse Karl for the trouble.

I sincerely hope you haven't mentioned what I said about fever in writing the folks. It'd do no good to have them worry about it so don't bring it up as it's nothing serious and most common amongst personnel in these areas.

Malaria has the same symtom as rhuemative fever when one observes them and they're both recurrent although the former usually has no decisive actions upon the heart.

Please give me more details about your job, reasons for going to the west coast, etc.

Ray Campbell operates out of Frisco doesn't he? What have you heard from him recently, and have you gotten to see him when his ship is in port? I don't wish to (word cut out) you but I hear (rest of letter is missing)

No comments: