VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: March 1, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

March 1, 1945

(Letter from Vic in the Philippines to brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo is of a Japanese soldier.)
Thursday

Dear Paul,

Can't recall whether I've previously answered your letter dated the 26th January which I rec'd several wks ago. However I did drop you several lines since arriving here in the Philippines.

At present I'm in a large hospital with foot trouble. My old case of jungle rot came back and I got infection. They're giving me penincillin injections every three hrs so it should clear up shortly.

One Monday there was not further use for artillery in our sector so the infantry released our liasason and forward observation parties. My feet and legs were bothering me plus fever so I made this place Tues. nite.

Am enclosing two Nip occupation currency note (a one shilling job and a P100 affair) that you might not already have. Also please note the ten snap-shots that I took off Nips. Evidently most of them were taken in these parts. Send them on to Rudy & Ed with instructions to send them on home.

No, Bill Fiala hasn't written in a dogs' age but was surprised to hear from K.G. Also have recently heard from Jake V., Yuts C., Phil M., Dave Altman, Sid Goldberg, & Ray Reed. Met Max Mueckler who's stationed in an outfit out here on the grounds.

Best regards,
Vic

No comments: