VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: July 5, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

July 5, 1944

(V-mail from Vic to younger brother Paul, sent from Bougainville, Solomon Islands to Berkeley, California. Photo shows Vic flanked by fellow soldiers.)

Wednesday,

Dear Paul,

Did I thank you for you recent letter which included the photos? Can't recall if I got around to answering when I last wrote the other evening. Thought those pics swell.

Mother tells me she's either going to New Jersey this summer or fall or otherwise Ed, Rose, Rudy and Ann may come to Racine for their vacations. I think the latter would be the best plan 'cause Pa probably wouldn't be able to make it Est.

Why don't you go come for a visit before starting school this Fall? How much would it cost you for a round-trip fare and how much would the travelling time amount to? I'm sure the folks would be pleased to see you again.

Tell Ted Kraynik to write and give me his address.

Yesterday we observed Independence Day and had the day off. Saw the Div. boxing semi-finals and softball championship game. Had real fried chicken yesterday.

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: