VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: June 10, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

June 10, 1944

(Letter from Vic to younger brother Paul, sent from Bougainville, Solomon Islands to Berkeley, California. Photo show Vic sharing a beer with Ben Louie and another soldier.)

Saturday,

Dear Paul,

Just thought I'd jot down a few lines to accompany the four negatives enclosed within this envelope. Please excuse the inferior paper, but I thought it best to save your stationery (which arrived several days ago) for a while ' cause it's scarce.

I had a nice long letter from Elmer Balzer to-day and he enclosed two swell snap-shots in the envelope. He mentioned he was about to write to you (at one of your old addresses) to request those prints I told him you'd send. Have you written him & forwarded the pictures? Who else have you gotten around to mailing copies?

A wk. ago we were issued our beer rations which amounted to the astounding quota of one case per man! I drink a bottle or two a day to get the greatest enjoyment from it. Probably be many a day 'fore we get any more.

The fall of Rome and European invasion were well received here and we listen to most all States broadcasts now to get the latest dope on the situation.

Regards,
Vic

I haven't had any prints made from these negatives so let me know how they come out but you don't necessarily have to send me copies. After you've made prints for yourself kindly send the negatives on to Rudy with a reminder to him to send them on home to the folks after he and Ed have finished using same.

No comments: