VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: September 5, 1944          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

September 5, 1944

(Letter from Vic in Bougainville to brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo is of entertainers Martha Tilton and Jack Benny in Bougainville, who performed at the USO show there in late August 1944.)

Tuesday evening,

Dear Paul,

This evening I obtained four prints that were taken here last month. They're pictures of stage and screen stars that you'll recognize. Did you receive the other three snap-shots of screen starts that I forwarded you several wks. ago? Will you please send these on to Rudy and Ed and ask that they send same on home to the folks in the near future?

Also included herein are two clippings from Time Magazine that you might find interesting. Perhaps you've already read same. In any case, kindly save them for me. When next I write I'll be enclosing most of the snap-shots I've received from friends since being overseas because they're deteriorating in these climes.

Yesterday I received letters from the folks and Ray Reed. Please write soon!

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: