VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: June 21, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

June 21, 1945

(V-mail from Vic in Philippines to brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photos shows front and back of a 'surrender pass' air dropped on Japanese units.)

Cagayen Valley, Luzo, P.I.

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your recent letters. Did you send pics to the persons I listed in a recent letter? To whom did you forward copies? Are you still having difficulty getting reprints made? Done send any film until I request same cause I have five roles on hand.

Heard Kodak was coming out with a new post-war camera featuring an improved plastic lense giving 40 or 60 percent better clarity. When I get home I'm going to get a good camera and try out some of this Kodachrome.

At present I'm in a Field Hospital recovering from another malaria attack. Getting some needed treatment of my feet which are still somewhat jungle-rot infected. You don't have to tell the folks of my illness. I'll just write and say I'm hospitalized.

Our division is still making considerable gains down this valley & I don't think we'll be hitting any more mountain passes which the Nips always strongly contend.

We'll soon reach the northern end of the island and thus complete this campaign and possibly get a rest. Hope you're feeling health and your eyes have improved. Still haven't received any new specs.

Regards,
Vic

No comments: