VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: November 18, 1942          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

November 18, 1942

(Letter from Emilie Petersen to daughter-in-law Ann from Racine to Passaic, New Jersey. Image is taken from Wisconsin State Summary for War Casualties for Navy, Marines and Coast Guard in the U.S. National Archives. Harvey Hansen was killed aboard the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbour. Clarence, who also joined the Navy, died in the Atlantic.)

Dear Ann and Rudy!

Thanks for your letter, but Rudy, you ditn answer me? about the Sweater? the Curtians? and the Bike.

By the way R. Last week I see Riches Sorensen sister left for the Army last week in the 10 star she is clerking tho she told me Valentines, had a telegram from Jake, asking them to send his camera to him that was the first they heard from him since July, thy think he is in Astraline

Ester Valer got a Baby Girl a week ago. I supose youv heard about Paul being sick in the Hospital a week, he is allrigth now, but it put him behind in his work so now he has to make up, We hop Ann facit is allrigtt again, don't let the kitten claw your furnitur as we did, I let a kitten in her, last spring and he did some damage to 2 Chars, Ann can tell you, I am rigth, wil this wil be all, as I have to go and order my graseri Jenier Ctr dont come and take the order and I have to get some coffe this week, I geus that Caffe Ration wil be hard for Ann or can you stile get all you want.

Satryrday we are having a Bazar over to the Old Peoples Home that Vern ad i ready now we are having or sale in the mens Basement so Ann can se I am busy rigth now getting all the Aprons ready. I meet Mrs Paulsen yesterday she asked me if I know Hansen got a telegram from the Government Clarence is killed I dint see anything in the paper but it must be so it is to bad if thy batle had to go.

Ester Nielsen got her Baby girl a month ago. Barma sent her a baby suit from Zeeland.

Love Mother and Father

Let us hear from you again soon

No comments: