VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: October 15, 1942          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

October 15, 1942

(letter from Emilie Petersen to her son Rudy, posted from Racine. Includes Birthday Card and small length of brown wool glued to letter)

Dear Rudy and Ann!

As Sunday is your Birthday Dear Rudy we wish you a happy Birthday and a good year.

I forgot to tell you in the last letter about that Sweater, you better send it out her, tried it on and let Ann put a marker in the sides, an in the shoulder, so I can se how must it is to big for you, I think it wil fit Papa (undecipherable) eigth yarn for another Sweater so I wil tri to knit one ther fit you ask Eddie what color he wil like. I so a nice ligt green, but maby he woul rather have a dark blue or blak ask him, this is the color I borgt for you Sweater , please let us hear from you soon, and again thanks for the lamp.

I have knittet a long scharf and a cap mufler for the Russian Relief next Wedi the club meet here, yesterday we vere at Mrs Brouns Hause, Mrs Yacobsen is the head of it se also send 90 lb used clothing, I gave a lot of good warm clothing some I washed a prashed to day I am getting a
big bag of Rags and all kinds of skap together in the garage wat about your Bicykle part and jan old Bicyckle is it allrigh if we give it to Andersen mabe he can used it as repair part. I like to get all that old yunk out of the way.

We have the furnace down and is having it eenainted over and a new smokestak put up. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the men to come finely Tuesday they swore up it is rather cold without a fire

I was all over town the other day tried to bag a elikstc heather but none to be had but in a day or 2 we wil have the furnace in working order again

best regards from Father and Mother

please Ann let us hear from you too

Love Mother

No comments: