VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: October 1, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

October 1, 1945

(Letter from Vic in the Philippines to younger brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo shows Vic's 'dog tags' that he wore around his neck.)

Camp La Crois, Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija, Luzon, P.I.

Monday

Dear Paul,

Well I hope a reply to my previous letter is already underway. Keep writing during this month 'cause we're not embarking until the fifteenth November so any mail post marked not later than about the 30 Oct. should reach me before we shove off.

Say, we may not land on the west coast. It's possible that the ships we pull out on pass thru the Panama Canal and then dock at an east coast port. Nothing is really definite at this date or at least we haven't yet received reliable & definite info.

I'm enclosing five pics that you not've seen. Do you have any more late snap-shots of you and Gene? Have you been doing much cycling lately. Taken any interesting sight-seeing trips?

Say, I've often thought of your present & former addresses. Are you located near the tunnel thru which the main hi-way from the Bay area to Pittsburg, Antioch, Stockton passes? I've walked all thru that section of Berkeley. Isn't there a dam alongside the hi-way just west of the tunnel? Guess you're back at school now - how is it?

Best regards,
Vic

No comments: