VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: August 3, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

August 3, 1943

(Letter from Vic to his parents, Peter and Emilie. Postmarked U.S. Army APO 502. Vic lists his address as Co. A-28th Repl. Bn - A.P.O. #502, c/o Postmaster, San Francisco, Calif. United States Army. The envelope is stamped Passed by U.S. Army Examiner 19654)

Dear Folks,

Enclosed please find a money order for fifty dollars. As currency is of little use to use I think it best to send most of it home in the future.

The Army has an allotment service that takes care of savings and transfer of money but if the service is as bad as the rate they send out one's war bonds I find the postal money orders far better when available.

Have you been getting all my mail? If I shouldn't write again for some time please dont worry. Please write as frequently and as lengthy as possible using air-mail or V-mail service.

Kindly give all my friends this address, tell them to write me, and say hello for me.

Best regards to you all -

Your son,
Victor

No comments: