VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: July 16, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

July 16, 1943

(Letters from Emilie and son Paul to Rudy and wife, Ann. Written on same piece of stationary from Racine, Wisconsin to Passaic, New Jersey)

Dear Ann & Rudy,

Thanks for you letter we could have answered before but I don't know hwen the time goes, I ask Paul to write but it seems he havent the time or ambation

is Ann working - we would like to have your come out here, but maby a week is to short a time, I tried to tell pa I would like to go down to your hwen you had your vacation but I dont think he like me to go.

Paul is thinking of going to California I suppose you know Victor is shipped out, he sent some clothing and his footlokr home, please write him as often as you can he seems to want letters if you havent his adrs let us know and we wil send it to you

Rudy I gat Alfred Evens ad some time ago & he is in New Jersey to your better write him at navy as he may be moved. His wife is down ther to. I talk to her before she left Racine. I think Lloy Waid is in service as I se a service flag in the window of his Mother she or was living above Nevins Grocer store corner Harriet and State.

Well yesterday the 18, we had a picnic at the Old peoples Home we sure was busy from 9 in the morning to 10 at night, we had real nice weather and a lot of people and sold a lot of aprons and Pillowscase. Please answer ret away if you think you are coming papa would like you all to come so would I.

Best Regards from Father & Mother

Dear Rudy & Ann,

Time sure flies, & I see your vacation is already coming up. Ma & Pa would like you both to come out here on a visit if it's at all possible. For myself, I'd like you to come out too, but I don't think I'll be here by then.

I'm not ging out to California for a couple of months, meanwhile I plan to work on the Great Lakes as a wiper on a boat. I've got all the papers necessary & I think I'm going down to Chicago later this afternoon to see when I can ship out.

Well, Ann,how do you like Wright's. You've never said that your working, but according to Rudy, you were going to start.

How's swimming down there. It's swell out here - I go in the quarry, Lake Michigan, & sometimes one of the pools.

I'll drop you a line when I get some time in a boat.

Your brother,
Paul

No comments: