VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: May 4, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

May 4, 1943

(letter from Paul to his brother Rudy and wife, Ann. Written from Racine, Wisconsin to Passaic, New Jersey)

Dear Rudy & Ann,

Here's my long overdue letter. I was discharged from the army last Tuesday, but I didn't get to Racine until Thursday, as I stopped for a day at Symmes' in Litchfield, Ill. Everyone was in fine health and Karen and Raymond had changed so much I could hardly recognize them. Dick, I foud out, had arrived at Scott field a few days after me, but as I had left Scott Field for good I never saw him.

I saw Rand De Faut & Mag Nelson at a May Day Party in Hungarian Hall. They came in Saturday & left Sunday.

Say about that check Mother had written to you about. It was an error on my part - so it's all O.K.

I haven't started working yet & I don't plan on looking around for a job until next week. Jobs are plentiful, of course, and most of them are fairly well paying. I am not certain yet, whether to work in Racine or not. I kinda would like to work down around your place, but as yet, I haven't made up my mind.

I'm glad to hear that you bought a bed room set. I'll bet Ann went out & bought it without you knowing about it, Rudy?

There is not much more to write about at the present time so I sign off.

Best regards,
Paul

No comments: