VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: April 10, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

April 10, 1945

(V-mail from Vic in the Philippines to younger brother, Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo shows soldiers playing violin and guitar in field.)

Tuesday evening,
Dear Paul,

Thought I'd drop you a few more lines in addition to the letter with nine pics enclosed which I just finished mailing to you. Shortly I'll be sending you some negatives of film I've recently exposed. Can't seem to get a satisfactory print job done hereabouts. So I'd appreciate it if you'd get me a few copies made from each negative. You won't be receiving them for some time 'cause they're not allowed to go via air-mail.

Received a recent letter from Phil Mascaretti and he doesn't expect to make rotation for a long, long time even tho he has 30 months overseas. Incidentally, I can't quite picture myself coming home for another year under the present set-up. Max Mueckler (over 3 yrs. overseas) has about given up hope.

Ted Kraynik wrote recently and stated definitely that he is not married. He's over in these parts somewhere. Ray Reed hasn't written fro some time.

Best Regards,
Vic

No comments: