VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: March 2, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

March 2, 1945


(Letter from Vic in the Philippines to brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo shows Japanese soldiers looking out to sea.)
Friday

Dear Paul,

Well, to-day is my birthday but I can't get to celebrate here in the hospital. Can't say how long I'll be here but it'll probably be for another week. Regardless, please write to me at my outfits' address. I should be back with them by the time a reply to this letter and yesterday's line arrives from you.

About a week ago I received a bunch of Xmas packages of which at least one was from you. All of the perishable goods such as fruit-cakes were moldy. Some of the packages had evidently been under salt water as well as a few of the letters I received.

The picture you sent me some time back was ruined when my duffle bag was in the surf at the beach landing. About half of my equipment and personal articles are shot.

How about those books I requested some months back? Can't you obtain them or what? Ann sent me three books but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. What good stuff has been printed recently?

Am enclosing ten more Nip snap-shots that you can dispose of as in the usual manner.

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: