VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: May 28, 1945          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

May 28, 1945

(Letter from Vic in the Philippines to younger brother Paul in Berkeley, California. Photo shows medics treating an injured civilian.)

Monday evening,

Dear Paul,

Well, herein you'll find four negatives that I'd previously mentioned I'd be forwarding you. Would appreciate that you get quite a few copies made and mail a set or whatever you please to various persons 'cause it'd take so much longer for same to arrive were you mail prints to me. However, I'll get rid of the prints if you wish. Would like a set sent home and some to Ann and Rudy, Ed and Rose, Bill Fiala, Karl Greubel, Ran De Faut, Akabe Gulbankian, Ray Reed, Phil Mascaretti, George Conrad, Ted Kraynik, Jake Valentine, Elmer Balzer and Sid Goldberg.

If you don't have the new addresses of any of these persons or correspond with them please let me know and best you sent me prints. Actually I've promised to send so many pics that I finally decided I might as well do it all at one time even tho the shots aren't very good. Have plenty of film on hand at this time so don't send me any. Hope the stuff doesn't get ruined before I get around to using same.

So Yuts is finally enroute overseas, eh? Do you correspond with him regularly? Where is Dick Symmes now? Do you hear from Ray R, Karl G, or Jake Valentine?

You should have plenty to tell about the S.F. Conference. Understand that you intended sitting in on a few sessions were any open to the public. Was there any noticeable atmosphere in the Bay area? Do you think any noteworthy steps have been accomplished. Understand that at this writing they're just underway. Leastwise, I haven't heard any reports of same for a while now.

We're still in a rest area but that can change overnite in these parts cause there's still too damn many Nips around. Certainly hope that sometime in the future our division gets a real break. By that I mean we really deserve a good, long rest in a fair bivouc area and receive sufficient replacements to fill our ranks.

Now, I won't get home under the so-called demobilization plan (only rate 69 points) and doubt if a furlough will come thru before the duration plus.

Your brother,
Vic

No comments: