VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: February 19, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

February 19, 1943

(letter from Paul to brother Rudy and wife Ann, from 543 Evergreen Ave, East Lansing, Michigan to 189 Dayton Ave., Passaic, N.J. wrriten on Michigan State letterhead. Includes class schedule from Ft. Sill that Vic had sent the previous week illustrated below.)

Friday

Dear Rudy & Ann,

Thanks for your recent letter and excuse my long delay in answering it. Seems like I don't have much time to write and then when I did get time I had a sprained right wrist and coud't write very well left-handed. I had a splint on it for four days the last being Thursday. It's fine now so I can start writing again.

I hope you get to be shop committee man (if you aren't already). And would Ann please write in your next letter & tell what she's doing now that's she's working.

Today was really the first day of Spring here ( I hope). It was the first full day of sunshine in months and the snow melted by the carload.

George Conrad was up here the week-end before last. He's starting at the Ford plant in Dearborn where he's learning to be Aviation Machinist Mate & gunnery on a side jot.



I just noticed in your letter that you want to know what I'd like to have the Sunday Worker sent out. Yes, I'd very much like to see it. I'll notify you if I have any change of address, meanwhile it's on the front of the envelope.

Best regards,Paul

P.S. - I bought myself another second hand radio. It's practically impossible to even get used ones.

P.P.S - I almost forgot to enclose some clippings from Vic, some of which will give you a pretty good idea of what he's doing.

No comments: