VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: January 9, 1942          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

January 9, 1942

(letter from Paul to brother Rudy and his wife, Ann. Written on Michigan State stationary)

Saturday Evening

Dear Folks.

It's long overdue that I write you but here it is. Before I forget, thanks for the shirt & ties that you gave me for Christmas.

Rudy, you were a little off when you said I must have a lot of time when I was home in Racine. I drove a cab for the Yellow Cab Co. most of the time I was in Racine. I started before 7:00 in the morning and didn't finish until almost 6:00 at night but it was fairly easy work. The weather was treacherous most of the time, which certainly didn't help.

I caught a cold while home and last Wed. after I got back here I came over to the college hospital & after the Doctor took my temperature he said I'd better stay in bed for a few days. He said it was probably touch of flue. So here I am back at the hospital. I don't feel bad, though so I should be out shortly.

When I was home I went to a party for John Rhode (that's Eleanor Nelson's husband) as he was going to the army. Also went to a party affair at Harmony Hall in Milwaukee, New Year's Eve. Had a great time at both.

I was glad to hear that the CIO won out in the election. By now I imagine Ann's working in a shop, eh? How are you doing Ann? Let's hear all about it.

Rudy, have you heard anything new from your draft board? Let's hear what you did over the holidays.

I'll have to sign off as this pen is getting more unruly with every word.

Best regards,
Paul

No comments: