VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: January 15, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

January 15, 1943

(letter from Vic to brother Paul, written on Camp Roberts stationary)

01071920

Dear Paul,

I thought I'd let you know I'm still here. Guese we won't leave 'til Tuesday morning now, thot it's entirely possible our shipping orders are again changed.

Note the new building number on the forwarding address. We were moved into this 1st platoon that the rookies might be quartered in our old 3rd plt. barracks.

Mailed you several magazines yesterday in place of some official technicaly dope. The stuff was restricted but obsolete. Still my old plt. sgt. said it wasn't adviseable so I forwarded some comparitively authorative liturature. Perhaps its not new to you. Let me know!

If you wish send them on to Bill Fiala when you've thoroughly absorbed all items that might interest you. Am sure it should attract Bill and possibly Karl Greubel so kindly ask Bill to pass them on in that direction. Incidently, neither magazine is publicly circulated (at least not widely) so tell them to forget where they came from. Tho they're several months old and seemingly harmless I might catch hell.

We bodily carry much detailed information on radio and techniques in the form of book and phamplets, but nothing is thought of it; but we're responsible for it.

Sorry I couldn't send you intended stuff. Will find other things to send you later on.

Please tell Ann & Rudy and Rose and Ed to write the folks more frequently.

Best regards from your brother,
Vic

No comments: