VIC'S ARMY TRUNK: March 24, 1943          
           
         
   
     
       
     
     
       

March 24, 1943

(letter from Paul to brother Rudy and wife Ann, written on Michigan State College stationary from Racine, Wisconsin to Passaic, New Jersey)

Dear Rudy & Ann,

Just writing a few lines to let you know that I'm still coming down to visit you. I plan on leaving here next Monday, March 29, but I figure on spending a day in Angola, Indiana , on the way down.

Everything's fine here in Racine. Mother & Father are in good health, but as yet Pa isn't working.
I was over to the Valentine's yesterday & I gave them your address & told them to sent it to Lloyd so he could drop in & see you. His ship was sunk again & he lost all his belongings & his best friend was killed. Jake's still in Australia or thereabouts, but doesn't say if he's been in action or not.

Saw Pete White last night & he gets up for his physical next Saturday so it looks like they're really starting to take married guys. Have you been reclassified?

That's all for now, as I want to get this letter off tonight.

Best regards,
Paul

No comments: